Look how far we’ve come!!
Today, as of 6:37 am, Mason is 6 whole months old. 6 months!! That’s just amazing to me. We survived! We’re both in one piece! He’s thriving! I occasionally sleep! Woohoo!!!
In the last month:
- His Jumperoo has become his favorite spot to be
- It’s his favorite thing to do at daycare too
- He wears mostly 6-9 month clothing but still can fit into some 3-6 month
- He’s still in size 2 diapers (a week in size 2-3 resulted in way more poopy laundry than anyone wanted to deal with!)
- Developed an awful cough (that he still has!!) and had his first x-ray
- Is still riding in his car seat on his stroller, even though every week we swear we’re going to get the straps adjusted in the stroller (de ja vu anyone?? *blush*)
- Went on his first “Mommy and Me” picnic
- He’s still not sitting up for more than a few seconds unsupported, but we’re working on it!
- His feet are still VEEERRRYYY interesting
- We’ve introduced (and in some cases reintroduced) him to some of his harder plastic toys. So far he hasn’t maimed himself with them.
- Loves to laugh when the other babies at daycare cry (Future bully? Eh oh!!)
- Can roll from his tummy to his back and his back to his tummy like a pro but really hasn’t used this to his advantage very much
- Sometimes only takes one nap at daycare. Those evenings are rough
- Is getting much better at grasping things and picking them up. Including things he shouldn’t, like CDs. Oops.
- Has perfected the “Arch my back and wail” drama routine when you put him somewhere he’d rather not be (MamaRoo or his vibrating chair usually)
- Had another sleepover at Grandma B’s and got to hang out at the cafe with Grandma J.
- Is still totally smitten with Daddy and the dogs.
His 6 month doctor’s appointment isn’t until next week, but I’m GUESSING he’s close to 17 pounds now. Go go power Mommy Milk!! (But really, he can stop growing any time now – I’m sick of this “Cram him in this kind of small outfit so he can at least wear it ONCE” thing that we keep having to do!)
Stay tuned for his 6 month pictures tonight!!