I just had a big post typed up and when I went to hit save, my browser totally froze and crashed. TWICE. It saved my title but not any of my entry. Bummer.
On to the randomness….
* I talked to one of the other daycare moms. She is just as angry and other than being told that it would be smart for her son to wear a long sleeve shirt under his clothes, had no clue about the whole night heating thing. She was going to go talk to the director that next day. I’ll find out what happened when I see her on Sunday. On the bright side, despite me “rebelling” and only sending Mason to school in a single layer outfit, he’s been perfectly warm (as has the room) every time I’ve picked him up ever since my original entry. The temps have been in the 20s-40s, so it’s not because of a heat wave outside. If he starts seeming chilly or they bring up his “inadequate clothes” again, I’m going to be alll over them about the state law of bare minimum of 67º in a daycare (Thanks Leahan!) and raise some holy hell.
* It should be illegal to smoke in a vehicle containing kids. And the fine should quadruple if you don’t even bother to roll down a window. Why are some people so stupid??
* Wednesday we had our first “dog growl at kid” incident and I feel like the worst mother ever. Mason and Joe and I were all sitting on the couch and Mason basically DOVE on top of Joe and pinched him and Joe growled and tried to get up. TOTALLY my fault and a huge eye opener that I need to be more diligent since Mason is obviously too young to know any better. I feel like a total mom failure to both Mason AND Joe, but at least it was the kick in the butt I needed to prevent it from ever happening again.
* Mason slept unswaddled last night for the first time since he was about 2 weeks old. I was hoping it was the cure to his mysterious sleep issues. I don’t know what happened between 9:30 – 2:30 (which hopefully means not much since it didn’t wake me) but from 2:30 – 7:00 he cried out (like wah-wah-wah-silence) twice and went back to sleep. Definitely an improvement, but I’m not holding my breath quite yet.
* Actually, I am holding my breath. Because after he cries out, I lay in bed for a good half an hour or so, convinced that the second I fall asleep, he’s going to start full out crying. I wish I could convince my mind to just say screw it and fall right back asleep because it sucks to get back out of bed either way, so I might as well be sleeping.
* Our big (okay, only) plans for the weekend include making babyfood tomorrow (applesauce, peas, beans, and carrots) and swim lessons on Sunday. Exciting, huh?
*I didn’t blog about it, but Mason had two days this week where he threw up a whole bunch at daycare, to the point where they called me to come and get him. We’d get him home and he’d be fine. We were totally miffed at what was going on. I had them not feed him (solid) lunch yesterday and he made it through the day, but then when I fed him (milk) when he got home, he threw up again. This morning he had the dirtiest filthiest most giantly rank diaper of all of his seven months, as opposed to the little turds here and there he’s had the last week. So I’m now guessing that the poor guy was backed up and was throwing up because of it. We’ll see how he did today, but I’m thinking that probably solved our issue.
* I have a whole additional post coming with more pumpkin patch pictures (taken with Mason the Cow). Aren’t you excited to see yet MORE Halloween themed pictures?? I’m gonna be the last blog on earth still dragging out the holiday. Sorry!
* Be sure to check in this weekend to see my AWESOME blog giveaway winnings over the past month in my monthly Weekend Won It! feature! And have a great weekend!