I think this must have been the fastest month in history, because it SERIOUSLY feels like I was writing the 18 month update just last week. I honestly never knew time could go by so quickly as it seems to now! Wow!
But, we all know that song and dance, so let’s recap Mason’s 19th month:
- Weighed in at 24.3 at the doctor’s last week. She was very concerned by this until I pointed out that the higher weights on the chart earlier on were from the 8 ounces that his helmet added to his weight.
- Still wore size 3 diapers, 12 month pants, size 5.5 shoes, and a mix of 12 month and 18 month tops
- has more teeth than he’ll let us count. Looks like two of his vampire teeth came in.
- Went out of state once (Duluth)
- Took swim lessons for the second time
- Wore his pajamas to school
- Started to occasionaly show preference for specific items of clothing
- Lost his best kitty friend
- Took less trips to the playground because of temps in the 30s and 40s :o(
- Spent the day at his Auntie Sarah’s
- Enjoyed playing with his crayons, with his favorite one being yellow
- Spent the weekend at Grandma & Grandpas
- Went to the pumpkin patch twice
- Had his best daycare friend start transitioning to the Two Year Old Room
- Visited the new pet store
- Finally figured out the difference between Toes and Nose LOL
This list feels shorter than usual this month, so let’s compare him to the Babycenter list of things a 19 month old should or may be doing at this point.
Uses spoon and fork – He can use a spoon very well and we don’t offer him a fork very often. He’s really regressed to eating with his hands the last week or two though. Hmmm.
Runs – oh yes. Everywhere. With reckless abandon
Enjoys helping around the house – yep – he’s very good at throwing stuff away and we’re trying to get him to help pick up more often. He also likes rubbing things with his paper towel and giving Joe his treats back. LOL
Understands as many as 200 words – No idea on this one.
Recognizes when something is wrong (e.g. calling a dog a cat) – He thinks it’s funny when we put random objects on our heads, does that count?
Washes and dries own hands with help – Kind of? Depends on how much help “with help” means. LOL
Points to a picture or object when you call it by now – yes, we’re having fun doing this with his animal book lately.
May know when he needs to pee – Not so much. But he likes to announce “I pooped!” As if the smell isn’t enough….
So there you have it – Mason as of October 16th.
Happy 19 Months Little Guy! You’re getting SO BIG!