So I’m about two weeks behind the rest of the world on this one, but what’s new? We brought home our tree today and hopefully will decorate it tomorrow, so let’s get into the holiday spirit around here!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Definitely hot chocolate! It’s the only warm/hot drink I will drink and I LOVE it.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped, possibly all in the same paper (haven’t decided that yet) We learned last year that anything that is super large will be hidden in another room. (See “The Kitchen that Ruined Christmas”)
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored!! I like white lights on some houses, but on most (including ours) colored are much more festive.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Outside lights go up (but not on) whenever the last for sure “warm” (aka 35º) week occurs, inflatables go up in the beginning of December, and we try to get our tree the first or second weekend and decorate the inside of the house at that same time.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Mashed potatoes. sorry, but I just LOVE mashed potatoes.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Riding around with my parents, brother, and Grandma looking at Christmas lights all over Milwaukee.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I really don’t remember. I DO remember fighting with a friend in 3rd grade in line for music class that Santa had to be real since he left presents at my house even when we were out of town so that meant it couldn’t POSSIBLY be my parents. Still haven’t quite figured that one out. LOL
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, we open one. Since Mason came along, it’s been Christmas pajamas. I do like the idea I read on this meme about doing a box that contains Christmas pajamas, a movie to watch that night, snacks, a Christmas book, etc though.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Lots and lots of penguins and then custom year ornaments both made by some crafty local friends and some greyhound and kitty ornaments as well.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Dread it. I totally live in the wrong state.
12. Can you ice skate? I can but it’s been years.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? As a kid it had to be either the “fashion designer” plates I got (which is freaking HILARIOUS now since I never wear anything but jeans and a hoodie/t-shirt or my “Crackers in My Bed” game.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Now it’s creating excellent memories for Mason. My family never really did anything for Christmas other than look at lights one or two nights and then spend half an hour opening presents, so I really want to create a bunch of fun traditions that Mason can look back on fondly.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Cookies or nutless fudge
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? From my childhood: Driving around looking at all the decorated houses. Newer: Watching Christmas movies while decorating the tree.
17. What tops your tree? Pine needles
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I kind of hate gifts. I never know what to buy anyone and then I feel badly when I get the perfect gift from them. Giving is awesome when you are struck with a great idea though!
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? They’re okay, but I probably average one a year, if that.
20. Favorite Christmas show? Either Elf or A Christmas Story.
21. Saddest Christmas Song? Not sure I know any?
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? “I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas”