Today I’m linking up with “5 on Friday” to share five good things that have happened lately and/or five things I’m excited about (or a mixture of both) Here are mine!
1) Tomorrow we’re going to ride Thomas the Tank Engine. Some of you may remember that we planned on doing this last year but at the last minute, the venue backed out of our agreement. This year, I bought tickets early on so we wouldn’t have to worry about it. While we asked Mason a few months ago if he wanted to ride on Thomas (his answer was a resounding yes of course) he doesn’t know we’re going tomorrow and it’s going to be a great surprise when we show up at the train station.
2) I’m signed up to do a Biggest Loser 5k this October. I’m a big fan of Biggest Loser and it’s one of the very few TV shows I watch. Last season there was a contestant from the same town my aunt and uncle use to live in and I’m on her “team” for this 5k. Super cool!
3) The other day we told Mason we were going to go to the indoor water park and he instantly thought we were going to the Dells (how he remembers a trip we took well over a year ago AMAZES me) and proceeded to pack both his penguin backpack and his Brobee backpack. They contained some clothes and lots of monster trucks. SO cute.
4) SuperDad started dayshift at the end of June and it’s going well. It’s so nice to have him home (and awake) when I come home from lunch some days and his weekends start on Thursday afternoon instead of him sleeping half the day away all weekend long. Mason and I are both enjoying it and Joe the Greyhound isn’t doing as poorly as I expected with being home alone so much. Yay!
5) In the past month, I’ve gotten back in touch with my best friend from 2nd grade thru college. We fell out of touch because of some stupid decisions I made and I finally got the courage to suck it up and reach out to her and much to my delight, she responded with something other than “screw you.” It’s been fun catching up on the last few years of our lives.