I keep meaning to sit down and survey Mason for what HE thinks life is like at four years old, but I keep forgetting. So today, I bring you MY take of Mason at four – styled like my old monthly updates I did his first 2 1/2 years!
At four years old, Mason is
- Still wearing 2T clothes, although some of the pants are getting a bit too short
- weighing in around 36 lbs
- still rear facing in his car seat
- suddenly remembering he skipped the terrible twos – we’re all about screaming “No!” and throwing horrible tantrums these days
- addicted to Wii golf
- convinced he’s going to be a speedskater and a snowboarder when he grows up. Thank you Winter Olympics!
- wondering when it will ever be Spring
- getting the hang of riding his bike without training wheels
- into Paw Patrol and Jake and the Neverland Pirates
- looking forward to going to “Big Kid School” this fall (aka 4k)
- great at playing the kid’s version of “Uno”
- napping some days at daycare and never ever at home
- taking karate classes
- having a love/hate relationship with Sunday school.
- STILL using a potty seat *sigh*
- more particular about which pair of undies he’s wearing vs what pair of socks
- always playing with monster trucks or construction trucks or tractors.
- still the king of bedtime delays (It’s 10:10 and he just finally fell asleep
- the boss of Charly – he’s the only one the dog ever listens to!
- knows all of his primary colors and can count to 12 reliably and 30 with help.
- very into giving hugs and saying “I love you”
- “Can I tell you something?” is his most used phrase
- playing with his first Lego sets (birthday presents ftw!)
- convinced that any time it’s light out that it’s morning.
At four years old, Mason’s favorites are:
- Favorite breakfast is pancakes or Kix Cereal
- Favorite suppers are chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, and pizza
- Favorite drinks are milk and water (he’s not allowed to drink anything else)
- Favorite snack is graham crackers with butter and/or peanut butter on them
- Favorite vegetable is green beans.
- Favorite movie is The Little Mermaid.
- Favorite song is “The motorcycle song” (some adult rock song with motorcycles in the video)
- Favorite friends are Aaron, Liam, Chloe, and Ethan
- Favorite stuffed animal is his penguin collection.
- Favorite game is golf
- Favorite toy is the remote control digger he got for his birthday
- Favorite thing to do is play games on the TV (aka Wii Sports) or play with his golf toys (sensing a theme here?)
- Favorite treat is Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins or M&Ms
- Favorite thing to do outside is play with his digger (which hauls lots of snow these days)
I’m really curious to see what Mason says are his favorites compared to what I believe they are. Stay tuned next week for HIS answers to his bi-annual survey!
What are your kids up to these days?