Welcome to our little corner of the interwebz! So glad you stopped by today
I’m a 30 year old mother to an adorable little man, Mason, who just turned three! Typical three year old, Mason loves tractors, trains, trucks, mud, and Mickey Mouse. 90% of my blog posts are about him as this blog was originally started as a replacement for the standard boring baby book. The other 10% are what’s going on in my head and my life, and while I say this every year, I hope to balance this out more as Mason gets older.
I share my life with my wonderful husband (known around these parts as SuperDad), an awesome retired racing greyhound, and an elderly kitty. I’m very passionate about greyhounds, pet adoption, and animals in general. I work full time in a vet clinic and also have a hobby job working a few hours a month at a local bookstore!
Prior to having a kid, I spent all of my free time reading and volunteering at my local animal shelter. Since having a kid, I spend all of my (sadly limited) free time trying to find fun things to do with a toddler in Middle of Nowhere, Wisconsin, reading blogs on my Kindle Fire, and have vowed to get in shape this year for the first time in my life. I’m hoping to run a few 5ks this summer using the Couch to 5k plan and I just broke off my relationship with Jillian Michaels last week, but I’m afraid we’ll have to kiss and make up soon.
I’ve been blogging at this site since April 2010. I’ve had two other blogs before this and have been reading blogs since the ’90s when they were known as “online journals.” These days, I read blogs to establish relationships with other moms, which seems hard to do in real life because I work during the very few “mommy and me” activities offered in my area. As far as blogging goes, I don’t care about the numbers, I just like to make new friends and treasure the friends I’ve already made! I love blogs by people with kids close to Mason’s age and/or blogs with photos that make me smile. I’m not into fashion and can’t craft to save my life, so you won’t see much of either of those things around here LOL
When I’m not blogging or visiting my friend’s blogs, you can usually find me on Twitter or updating my book lists GoodReads. I’m hoping to make it to BlogHer this year so please give me a shout if you’re going too! I’m so glad you stopped by today and I look forward to making some new bloggy friends while we party like it’s 2013!